The story of Marton Grange
Marton Grange was built around 1802 as a farmhouse on the local Sewerby estate on the site of the medieval village of Marton. For the majority of the last two centuries the beautiful Georgian house was the hub of the farm and it was not until the 1970s that Marton Grange was converted into a small hotel.. As its current owners we enjoy living in a wonderfully proportioned building that has been carefully and sympathetically renovated and look forward to welcoming guests to our home.
Paul & Janice Goddard, Proprietors
Enjoy five star rated accommodation in a peaceful location
A careful programme of building and refurbishment has helped Marton Grange to become the only guest accommodation in the area to have received the high accolade of an AA five star Silver rating. This is a great reward for the quality of service we provide, the hard work of our team and a reflection of the facilities on offer.
Caring for our environment
At Marton Grange Country House, we are keen to encourage natural wildlife habitats and do our best to reduce our impact on the environment.
At our idyllic country guest house we have almost two acres of paddock and gardens with an established pond that attracts large numbers of bird and insect species. We are a Partner of the Yorkshire Nature Triangle and work to develop and promote nature tourism in East Yorkshire.
Our energy saving campaign includes:
Our best rates are offered for direct phone bookings. To take advantage, call us today on 01262 602034.
- Biomass boiler – with over 90% efficiency using a renewable energy source
- Water-saving shower heads
- High quality Ecoknit towels which use less energy to wash and dry
- Energy saving bulbs
- Reducing food miles by buying local produce
- Reducing and recycling waste